Monday 29 August 2011

Conquering the chapatti!


Tom had gone back to the UK for a few weeks, so to alleviate my loneliness, I was invited round to Susannah’s (a friend from DGS), Annie (her Canadian housemate) and Severine’s (her French housemate) flat for an Indian meal. They live in a really nice apartment in Koregaon Park, just a short walk away from me.

I had been trying hard at home over the previous few days to make Indian chapatti’s and the meal was a great excuse to practice and make some more. I was responsible for making them whilst Sus and Annie cooked Moong Dahl and Paneer Makhani.


Annie rinsing the Moong dahl.


Susannah cooking.


Paneer Makhani.

Moong Dahl.

Yay! My chapatti's!

I have to say that the meal was so delicious and my chapatti’s were a thankfully a success. I actually really enjoyed making and cooking them. I’m not sure why I enjoyed it so much, because I normally hate to cook, but I think it was because I saw them as a challenge and I was not going to be beaten by them!


Yum, dinner and Kingfisher beer!

Annie, Sev and Susannah.


No comments: